- Ashley is a full time Teaching Artist at the Rose Theater in Omaha, Nebraska. Current classes and projects include designing curriculum and facilitating the Pre-K Theater Arts Enrichment Program; a year-long Curriculum Infusion Project with two kindergarten classes at Sherman Elementary School; after-school acting classes with 1-3rd, 3-4th, 4-6th, and 7-9th graders; Saturday recreational drama classes; pre/post show workshops with 1st and 2nd graders.
Selected past work:
- 2014-2016: Drama Artist in Residence at Lowell Elementary School through Mesa Arts Center's Literacy Through the Arts program. The program infused the arts and drama into K-3 classrooms to engage students in storytelling, creative movement and exploration of a book's themes.
- 2014-2016: Teaching Artist with Childsplay. Facilitated Model and Team lessons with Kindergarten classroom educators to teach drama techniques for the classroom. Facilitated creative drama, musical theatre, acting classes for students ages 3-16 in classrooms and during Saturday Academy classes.
- 2015: Co-Education Director with Jeff Sachs for ASU's MainStage Theatre for Young Audiences play, Finegan Kruckemeyer's This Girl Laughs This Girl Cries This Girl Does Nothing. They organized, designed and facilitated three pre-show workshops with 5th and 6th graders at Phoenix's Arizona School for the Arts as well as a post-show discussion after the community matinee.
- 2014-2015: Teaching Artist, Director, Costume Designer at The Homestead Playhouse. Facilitated musical theatre, acting and puppetry classes for students ages 7-15; Directed Peter Pan Jr. with 7-15 year old students; Costume designed SchoolHouse Rock Live! for a cast of 8-13 year old students.